Sunday, June 26, 2016

Arches National Park at Sunrise

Day 4
June 26, 2016
For a full description of our day visit Dave's blog at http://sentenceofdave.blogspot.com/

Balanced Rock at 5:55 a.m.

We all got up at 5 a.m., so we could hike in the cool weather. The boys were troopers!

Beautiful sunrise shots!

My climber...

Landscape Arch
Dave and I were here twenty years ago.

Hiking over the fins of sandstone.

1, 2, 3, Push

Double O Arch

Ian spotted a snakeskin in the little crevice above his head. Thank goodness it was not the real thing. It could be a rattlesnake skin.

Still happy after about four miles and 2 1/2 hours of hiking.

Red-Spotted Toad

Almost back.. this hike from Devils Garden to Landscape Arch around the Primitive Loop took 3 1/2 hours.

2 comments:

  1. I want to be the first comment!
    Pictures are awesome.....really awesome.....but I don't see Cat in hardly any of them! Are you really there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the photographer:) Thanks! I am here and enjoying every minute. Tonight we are going on a ranger-led hike through the Fiery Furnace. I will put up pics tonight after we get home.

    ReplyDelete